Jeremy Roenick Hockey School Sweepstakes
The Amarillo Bulls want to send YOU to the Jeremy Roenick Hockey School for Youth, this summer! Fill out the form below, and complete the 500 word essay, and you could be selected as the winner by the Amarillo Bulls players. Deadline for submissions is March 15. Winner will be announced on March 28. For details on the Jeremy Roenick Hockey School, see below or visit jrhockeyschool.com/
The Jeremy Roenick Hockey School is returning to Phoenix for our 2nd year on July 29th – August 2nd, 2020. Join JR and friends for an experience that will challenge these young athletes to get better and encourage mental and physical skill development in a fun and creative environment. The camp includes 2 hours of on-ice skill development and 2 hours of off-ice training per day (except for Sunday which is game day!). Additionally, there will be a personal growth session each day (except Sunday) that covers topics ranging from strength and conditioning, nutrition, and leadership. Space is limited, so don’t miss out!
- 2 Hours On-Ice Skill Development Per Day (Except Sunday)
- 2 Hours Off-Ice Skill Development Per Day (Except Sunday)
- 1 Personal Growth Group Session Per Day (Except Sunday)
- Scrimmage Game on Sunday
- Jeremy Roenick Hockey School Jersey and Socks Included
- Lunch Included Daily
- Guest Appearances from Jeremy Roenick & Friends
Wednesday, July 29th, 2020 – Check-In – 5-7 PM
Thursday, July 30th, 2020 – Day 1 – Approximately 8 AM – 4:30 PM
Friday, July 31st, 2020 – Day 2 – Approximately 8 AM – 4:30 PM
Saturday, August 1st, 2020 – Day 3 – Approximately 8 AM – 4:30 PM
Sunday, August 2nd, 2020 – Day 4 (Game Day) – Approximately 8 AM – 4:30 PM
*Tentative Schedule above. Scheudle is subject to change and will be confirmed closer to the camp.
Other School Info:
- Space is limited and will be filled on a first come, first serve basis
- Refund Policy: Refunds will only be allowed 30 days prior to the start of the school. All refunds are subject to a 20% cancellation fee.
- This is not an overnight camp. All kids will need to be picked up and dropped off daily.
- Please send your child with the following items each day of the school: workout clothes (such as shorts, t-shirt and gym shoes) for the off-ice sessions and sunscreen as there will be some outdoor activity and a water bottle for your child to stay hydrated.
- Limited Edition JR Hockey School Merch will be available at the school
About Jeremy Roenick:
Jeremy “J.R.” Roenick was born January 17, 1970, and is a former American National Hockey League player. He was drafted eighth overall in the NHL Entry Draft in 1988 by the Chicago Blackhawks.
He played for the Chicago Blackhawks, Phoenix Coyotes, Philadelphia Flyers, Los Angeles Kings, and the San Jose Sharks over the course of his 20 year NHL season career.
He represented TEAM USA in numerous international tournaments, including two Olympics, 98′ & 02′ collecting a Silver Medal in Salt Lake City 2002. On November 10, 2007, he became the third American-born player to score 500 Goals.
On August 6, 2009, Roenick announced his retirement from the National Hockey League. Roenick finished his career having scored 513 goals with 703 assists in 1,363 games, for a total of 1,216 points.
Jeremy is famously noted as one of the most colorful personalities on and off the ice, and undeniably the most fan friendly star the NHL has ever produced.
Charitable work has always been a big part of Jeremy’s life, traveling North America supporting many causes helping to raise money and awareness.
Jeremy is currently enjoying a new career as an analyst for NBC Sports. His career as an analyst kicked off working for NBC ‘s network coverage of the 2010 Winter Olympics where he acted as the counterpart for Mike Milbury. Jeremy’s successful coverage during the Winter Games led to NBC offering him a contract to join the network full-time.
Jeremy has now added “author” to his resume, completing his first Biography titled “J.R” which highlights his illustrious career and personal stories during a very outspoken and opinionated time in his life.